Saturday, July 7, 2007

The one that got away....


A couple of years ago, my good friend Rodney let me borrow one of the many amazing guitars he has - this one was a 1995 Collings D2HA with Brazilian Rosewood back and sides.
I recorded 2 CDs on it, and wrote the song "Carefree Arizona" [from my new CD Nebraska House] on that guitar. I told him that if he ever decided to sell it, I wanted first dibs.

It was unique in many ways and didn't have a Collings logo on the headstock. It had a wonderful sound. 2 months ago, i went back out to LA to play at my alma mater USC and was looking forward to borrowing the guitar from Rodney again - but he gave me some bad news. He sold the guitar for around $11,500. Needless to say, that was out of my price range. So, a requiem for a guitar....the one that got away.

My grandfather always said: "there's more pretty girls than one". Thank God for that!

No comments: