Saturday, July 7, 2007

Colorful sayings and quirks


I'm always fascinated by regional descriptions for things. I though I'd post a few and start a thread going that maybe you would contribute to - think of all the crazy things that you uncle said, etc...

here's some from my family [I'm thinking of compiling them into a book].
from my Grandmother: "He was crazier than a sh*t house fly". ever seen outhouse flys - the move like they had a double expresso from starbucks.

my cousin: "she was 5 foot nothin". translation: she was exactly 5 feet tall.

my dad: "The devil is beating his wife". I've heard this since I was a wee lad. It describes the peculiar event having both sunshine and the rain at the same time.

post some of you own!

1 comment:

CatNap from the Heart said...

He's so dumb he spells sh*t with two t's

Working harder than a rented mule

Looks like they've been rode hard and put away wet

Give it a lick and a promise